ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REMINDERS AMID COVID-19 PANDEMIC
March 15, 2020
TO: ALL MEMBERS OF THE MARIST SCHOOL COMMUNITY
RE: ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REMINDERS AMID COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The Marist School Community is hereby advised on the following updates on Marist School activities in relation to the announcements of President Rodrigo Duterte on March 12, 2020 and succeeding declarations from government agencies relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Classes, summer programs, graduation and completion ceremonies, personnel outings, admission testing, and other school activities remain suspended until further notice.
2. Marist School shall be closed to the public in observance of the community quarantine in Metro Manila starting March 15, 2020.
3. Only persons authorized by the school management are allowed to enter the campus subject to mandated stringent social distancing procedures and other health and safety protocols required during the quarantine period.
4. Students are advised to stay in their homes and abide by rules and regulations on quarantine, social distancing, and other health and safety precautionary measures imposed by government authorities.
5. While strictly observing community quarantine procedures, Marist School shall mobilize a skeletal work force and adopt flexible work arrangements to be able to provide vital services to stakeholders without prejudice to individual decisions and government pronouncements on public health, safety and security during the COVID-19 emergency situation.
6. Marist School would like to assure the entire community that management is implementing safeguards to ensure each one’s safety, protection and security.
7. The school management shall make a decision in coming days on when to resume normal operation. It shall endeavor to apprise the community on status of school programs and activities through the school’s website (www.maristschool.edu.ph).
This memorandum is issued for the guidance of the Marist School community during the COVID-19 emergency situation without prejudice to individual decisions for one’s health, safety and security and to present and future pronouncements of the government on health and safety procedures. Members of the Marist School community are advised to exercise their own judgment in dealing with situations that affect them.
As one Marist family, let us continue praying and cooperating with authorities to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic. Also, we encourage the members of the school community to inform the school of situations that may need the community’s attention, especially during the community quarantine period.
Keep safe, take care and God bless.
BR. NIÑO M. PIZARRO, FMS