Circular for Parents and Guardians: May 15, 2020
Dear Marist Parents and Guardians,
As we continue to journey together as one Marist Family in ensuring each one’s safety and good health in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic, Marist School expresses anew its commitment to serve its stakeholders, to understand and empathize with their individual circumstances, and to meet their needs in the best way it can. In this regard, kindly take note of the following school updates:
1. Deferment of Tuition Fee Increase and Reduction of Miscellaneous Fees
- The school recognizes and acknowledges the struggles of all its stakeholders, especially the parents, in trying to make ends meet. To help ease each other’s burden as we continue to provide quality Christian education to our dear children, Marist School has decided to defer the increase in the tuition fee for school year 2020-2021 and to reduce the miscellaneous fees to include only the essential items.
2. Marist Marikina Web Portal
- As announced in the circular dated May 6, 2020 Marist School has developed a Web Portal that would allow online transactions for the following: (a) access to report card; (b) enrollment of students; (c) viewing of student statement of account; and (d) payment of school fees. This portal is established to minimize physical contact and ensure everyone’s safety and health as the school carries on with its daily tasks to serve you. It will officially be available starting May 18, 2020 at 8 AM.
- To access the portal, kindly follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Visit maristmarikina.com.
- Step 2: Click NEW USER? REGISTER.
- Step 3: Fill out the required fields (Student ID Number, Last Name, Email Address, and Password).
- Step 4: Click Read TERMS OF SERVICE and read carefully the text.
- Step 5: Click I agree with all the stated terms of service.
- Step 6: Click SIGN UP.
- Step 7: A verification code will be sent to your email. Kindly use this code to complete the registration process.
- Step 8: Click Activate Account.
3. Guidelines on Viewing of Final Report Cards (SY 2019 – 2020)
- Starting May 18, 2020 (for regular students) and May 22, 2020 (for Marist School Afternoon Shift students) the final report cards can already be viewed through the Marist Marikina Web Portal.
- To be able to view your child’s report card, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Visit maristmarikina.com.
- Step 2: Enter your email address and password. (NOTE: Kindly make sure you have already registered as user.)
- Step 3: Click LOG IN. You will be prompted to your child’s dashboard.
- Step 4: Click SY 2019-2020 in the Report Card
- Kindly note that only parents/guardians of pupils/students whose account is paid in full would be able to view the final report card.
- Unsettled accounts of students to their respective homeroom advisers/subject teachers (e.g., risograph materials and class pictures) and/or to the Applied Music Class (balance) will be added to the student’s account for SY 2020 – 2021.
- For payment of your child’s account balance, you may pay through any open branch of Metrobank or RCBC near you. Please refer to the table below:
- For PAYEE, write MARIST COLLEGE, INC.
- For PAYOR, write the STUDENT’S NAME AND SECTION.
- After settling the account through bank transanction, kindly email a picture of the bank deposit slip to email@example.com with your child’s name and section so that the Business Office can issue an official receipt of your payment.
- NOTE: Parents who have directly paid to the bank from March 2020 to present and have not reported the payment to the Business Office are requested to observe this procedure.
- The facility dedicated for the viewing of report card is for that purpose only.
- The printed copy of the final report card may only be secured upon resumption of offices, which is dependent on the national and local government announcements regarding enhanced community quarantine.
4. Online Enrollment
- Online enrollment begins on May 18, 2020. Please do note, however, that only those pupils/students promoted to the next grade level and are fully paid in the previous school years will be allowed to enroll.
- Print out copies of documents which each pupil/student should provide the school for compliance purposes in connection to their enrollment may be submitted once schools are allowed to resume their operation as per directive of the local and national government.
5. Parents’ Readiness Survey
- The results of the survey mentioned in the May 6, 2020 circular will provide the school valuable data and information to consider in the design of its online learning program. We would like to thank those who immediately responded to the survey. As for those parents and guardians who have not accomplished the form yet, we encourage you to take some time in answering the survey which will only take you less than 5 minutes.
Indeed, a long and challenging road is ahead of us as our country adapts to the new normal. But if we remain one in this journey, we are sure to succeed for the sake of our children.
Thank you once again for putting your trust in Marist School.
Br. Niño M. Pizarro, FMS