Letter to Parents/Guardians: Bayanihan 2 Act
Dear Marist Parents/Guardians,
Greetings of Peace!
Republic Act (RA) No. 11494, otherwise known as the Bayanihan to Recover as One Act, or the Bayanihan 2 Act was declared on September 2020 in cognizance of the adverse impact of the COVID-19 pandemic to the Philippine economy and society.
Section 4 (n) of the Bayanihan 2 Act mandates the provision of subsidies and allowances to qualified students in private and public elementary and secondary education whose families are now facing financial difficulties brought about by the work stoppage and closure of establishments due to the Community Quarantine (CQ), and neither part of the Listahanan of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), nor covered under the Education Service Contracting (ESC) Program, or the Senior High School Voucher Program (SHS VP) as provided in RA Nos. 8545 and 10533, respectively.
Thus, aware of the plight of several of our parents who have been adversely affected by this pandemic, Marist School is applying for the said program of the government and is preparing all the required documents set by the Department of Education to be submitted not later than May 5, 2021.
The beneficiaries are basic education (K-12) students who were enrolled in SY 2019-2020 but did not enroll in SY 2020-2021 as well as those who are enrolled in any public or private elementary or secondary schools in SY 2020-2021.
All applications will be evaluated, but due to the limited funds for the BBE, student-beneficiaries will be prioritized as follows:
- Priority 1: Students who have unpaid tuition in SY 2019-2020 in private schools that have closed in SY 2020-2021.
- Priority 2: Students who have unpaid tuition in SY 2019-2020 in private schools that are operating in SY 2020-2021.
- Priority 3: Students who have unpaid tuition in SY 2020-2021 in private schools that are operating in SY 2020-2021.
It is important to note that a student may qualify for only one assistance – subsidy or allowance. The applicants must satisfy and meet the criteria below to qualify for the said subsidy or allowance coming from the government.
Should you be interested about the process of applying for this grant, please be guided by the following:
- Download the forms from bbe.peac.org.ph.
- Submit the duly accomplished application forms and supporting documents via this Google Form or to the Registrar’s Office not later than May 5, 2021. For onsite submission, kindly send an email to email@example.com to set an appointment. This complies to the IATF community quarantine policies.
Please wait for the school’s notification if your application has been approved via email.
Let us take this opportunity by considering it as you decide about your child’s education.
JOHN BENJAMIN C. BALATBAT
ALLAN J. DE CASTRO, FMS